Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Work, Chemo, and Flu Shot

I'm back at work again this week and this time with my old HR group (HR Operations) doing some of the things I did before I left on medical leave. Although my body is not fully adjusted to the long hours, I'm really happy that I decided to return to work. I seem to be less tired during the days now that I'm distracted and have something to do. Plus it's nice to have the daily people interaction again. I worked full 8 hour days on Monday and Tuesday. Today I only worked until 3pm since I had to be at Stanford at 3:30pm for my oncology appointment.

Because I had to go straight to Stanford from work I had my labs done yesterday after work to make things easier. So today I saw my doctor as usual and then had treatment. My counts all looked really good, even my potasium and magnesium seem to have held up pretty well this time around. I also got a flu shot today. My doctor asked if I wanted one and I said "yes" primarly because I'm back at work and I hear people coughing and sneezing all day long. It's funny cause I'm so used to the subcutaneous injections (Procrit and Neupogen) and the flu shot is a muscle injection. Well the subcutaneous injections hurt A LOT more so this felt like nothing, I didn't even realize the needle had gone in. I wish all my injections were that easy and painless. I also had some more vials of blood taken today to check my donor chimerism. My BMT doctor has moved forward on getting everything done for the donor lymphocyte trial that we had discussed and that is one of the first steps. I had forgotten how much blood they always take from me when I'm back in the BMT team's hands!

I'll be back on the 26th for my next treatment. Meanwhile I'll be having a PET/CT done to see what is going on with my disease. I should get the results when I see my doctor again on the 26th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home