Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Monday, September 19, 2005

A Day Off From Stanford

Today I was supposed to go back to Stanford for another round of blood tests to see if I would need more potassium. I decided to call my nurse practioner in the morning to see if maybe I wouldn't have to go and after reviewing my test results from Friday she agreed that I didn't need to go in. As long as I continue to take my potassium and magnessium supplements orally I should be fine. She also asked how my stomach was doing and I told her I had pretty much recovered. I'm back to eating normal again and although I continue to have diarrhea from all the laxatives I take, it's nothing like it was before. She was relieved to hear that, because she said if things hadn't gotten better she was going to have me consult with my BMT doctor in regards to testing for possible "gut" GVHD. Just like the episode I had on my skin and mouth a few months back, they thought it might be possible that I had gotten it in my "gut" this time. I'm glad I didn't have to go through the tests, since they involve doing a colonoscopy and endoscopy, which I prefer not to go through.

As far as my health insurance, things have not been resolved yet. I'm now starting to get bills from Stanford for procedures I had done a few weeks ago for thousands of dollars. This does not surprise me and I know they will continue to come until this all gets settled.

I hope you all like my new Snoopy background...Chris has been working on it for a few days now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home