Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

First Week At Work

I made it through my first week back at work! I won't be going in tomorrow since I'm very exhausted, but I will be back at work on Monday. I'm looking forward to sleeping in, resting, and taking it easy tomorrow. I was actually surprised at how well I held up all week. Normally I have to take a nap by 3pm because I'm so tired, but since I was back at work I didn't feel as tired in the afternoon. I think part of what makes me so tired is being bored at home. In fact, I think the hardest part has been the drive to San Mateo in the mornings/afternoons...I always seem to get sleepy in the car.

I got the official confirmation from Blue Cross today that my benefits are active again and I'm in their system. Finally, it looks as though everything has been resolved and I can finally get my prescriptions filled.

Last week there was an article on CNN.com about my BMT doctor and his protocol (the 2nd transplant I had done), which I found to be very interesting. Here's the link for any of you interested in reading it: http://www.medpagetoday.com/HematologyOncology/LeukemiaLymphoma/tb/1834. The article mentions that 2 of 37 patients developed GVHD...of course I was one of those lucky two.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, that is really wonderful Erika. Keep up the great "work". Thinking of you. Love to you and Chris
    Penny and Andrew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home