Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Insurance Update

It looks as though the insurance nightmare has been resolved. After many phone calls back and forth with ADP, Siebel, Medicare, Social Security, my social worker at Stanford, etc...it seems as though Siebel has taken charge and resolved the situation. I guess it is indeed true that once an individual becomes eligible for Medicare, COBRA coverage gets terminated per federal policy. Because Siebel is such a large corporation and they're self-insured however, they are able to make exceptions to this rule. They're being exeptionally generous as always and are making an exception for me and reinstating my COBRA even though they technically don't have to. Blue Cross was notified this morning that my benefits should be reinstated and everything should be back to normal, although I was told it might take a few days for it to show up on their system. They're also trying to see about me going back to work part-time. Considering everything they have done for me that's the least I can do, I'm truly lucky to have such a generous employer, I can't say enough good things about them.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled to have chemo again, pending lab results of course. I'm also supposed to have a routine chest x-ray (to make sure nothing funny is going on) and I will be meeting with my BMT doctor. This means I will have to sneak a couple of water bottles in my sweats to increase the number on the scale, otherwise I will never hear the end of it (my BMT doctor is the one that gets on my case about my weight).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home