Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Elevation Sickness

After receiving two units of blood last week I've been feeling a little more energized. The two units definitely made me feel puffy and bloated for a couple of days which wasn't very pleasant. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that when I go back to get my blood tests next week my red count has gone up and I don't have to have any further tests to see why I've been so anemic.

Chris and I left for Mexico City on Saturday evening (I'm in Mexico now). It was a VERY long flight, leaving San Francisco at 9pm, arriving in Miami at 5am, leaving Miami at 7am, and arriving in Mexico City at 9am. The flight from SF to Miami was completely full and there was all kinds of drama going on. The second flight wasn't so bad, but there was a stinky person sitting in front of me so I was looking forward to the flight being over. As soon as we landed, I could already feel the elevation difference. I immediately noticed it was harder to breathe and my heart was beating faster. Chris also noticed his heart beating faster later that day and that evening my ankles were swollen and I had the worst headache. I've continued to have a headache since we got here, I'm hoping in the next day or so it will start to go away. Besides the elevation issues, we're having a pretty good time, mostly enjoying the food.

We return home this Saturday and I'll be back to my regular chemo schedule on Wednesday. Hope you all have a great Labor Day weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home