Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Upset Stomach

Chris and I got back from Mexico Saturday night. We had a good trip aside from the elevation sickness and stomach issues. Just when we both started to feel better from the elevation, we got sick to our stomach. We spent a good part of our trip running to restrooms, I especially feel like I got to know every bathroom in Mexico City. When we got back I still wasn't feeling well and by yesterday (Tuesday) morning I was feeling really awful so I went into Stanford. It was a day filled with tests and getting hydration. They still haven't determined what I have, but it's likely that I picked up some type of E.Coli bacteria/infection that's not common here and that many people get when traveling out of the country. It's been a week since I've been able to have a regular meal and I seem to be getting weaker by the day. Today I went back to Stanford to see if I could get my routine chemo, however they decided against it since I'm still not feeling well. For now I'm on antibiotics, I've been instructed to drink lot's of fluids, and I'm staying close to the bathroom. I'm scheduled to go back on Monday to get chemo.

Prior to leaving for Mexico I was very anemic and I had to get two units of blood. I was really worried about my counts this time, however they appeared to be normal. My doctor thinks that it could be attributed to being dehydrated (it makes your hemoglobin/red count higher), so we will wait and see what they're like on Monday.

My friend Abby and I had our Labor Day BBQ fundraiser on Sunday. It turned out to be fun and successful. Thank you to all who came out and joined us!

Today was our recommitment deadline for the Nike marathon. Unfortunately, Chris and I decided not to recommit this season due to my injuries. We're hoping instead to be able to continue training and shoot for the Walt Disney Wolrd marathon in January.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool Robots & Droids @ Bennett Robot Works
    Who turns found "stuff" into the coolest droids this side of Geonosis? Bennett Robot Works, that's who! As a matter of fact, Bennett Robot Works have been working on a "special project" for us that we'll be ...
    Nice Blog! I will bookmark it and send the address to my friends!
    I have a Matthew Lesko government grants expert site. It tells how to get free government money and government loans including free government grants, free money to pay bills, and free buisness grants.
    Check it out if you get time :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home