Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Donor Update

I got a call from my BMT case manager on Friday letting me know that my donor had been contacted and they were going to be collecting her cells on Oct 26th and infusing them into me on Oct 27th (as part of the lymphocyte killer cell trial that I'm considering being part of). Originally my BMT doctor told me this would be an eight week process, so I was pretty shocked when all this happened so quickly. Since I still have many questions to ask about the trial, I'm supposed to meet with my BMT doctor this coming week. My PET/CT has also been scheduled for this coming Friday. I think the results of the scan will be the determining factor on whether to move forward with the trial at this time.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the fact that the trial has the words "killer cell" in the title. I think you should just call it "kill the cancer cells" trial!!!
    Erica

     

Post a Comment

<< Home