Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

A+ Blood Type

Chris and I spent six long hours at Stanford today getting my two units of blood. As usual it took a couple of hours to get the blood ready even though it was ordered last night and they had plenty of time to process it. I was out most of the six hours since I got a dose of Benadryl, poor Chris was the one awake bored to death. Maybe it would have been better if he got some Benadryl also :P

I found out that my blood type has officially changed to my donors'. My typing indicated that I'm now A+. That just seems so strange considering I've been O+ my whole life.

I also got the results of all the blood tests they ran yesterday to determine why my red count has been dropping...they were all normal. You would think this would be good news, but in reality it's not because we still don't know why my counts are dropping so much with the assistance of Procrit. Either I'm losing blood from somewhere or my bone marrow is not functioning properly. We're going to keep an eye on it the next two weeks and when I go back in it will be discussed further. If I've dropped again my oncologist is going to consult with my BMT doctor to see what could be going on. For now the two units of blood I received today should give me a little energy boost to make it through our trip in Mexico.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Erika,
    I hope you have a great time down in Mexico!!
    Erica

     

Post a Comment

<< Home