Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Doctors, doctors, and more doctors

Just when I used to complain about being bored and having nothing to do all day, now I'm spending most of my days at doctor's appointments. Since my back/hips/knees have been bothering me I've started physical therapy three times a week and I'm also still going to the chiropractor and massage therapist. I now have to carry my calendar with me to be able to coordinate all the different appointments! My back/hips have actually felt much better, it's now my knees that are bothering me the most. I've been working on building up the muscles in my quads and hamstrings with a pilates machine as well as doing some weights and core strenghthening exercises. I'm still not sure if I will be able to continue training for the Nike marathon. I guess if I'm not able to do it maybe I will be able to do the Walt Disney World marathon in January. I would really like to do the "Goofy" event which is the 1/2 marathon on Saturday and the full marathon on Sunday.

Chris and I will be going to Mexico City to visit my family at the end of this month. We're both very excited, although one of the small challenges will be taking my Neupogen shots with me. I will have to carry three days worth of syringes on the plane, in a cooler (they have to be refrigerated), which I'm sure will be quite an experience. From what I understand I just have to carry a copy of the prescription from my doctor. I will be having chemo two days before we go, so I'm hoping I'll be feeling okay. My main concern is elevation sickness since I always seem to get it the day after I arrive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home