Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Weekend in LA

We finally got to go away for the weekend after many postponed trips to Tahoe. Chris, my friend from Japan, and I drove down to LA on Friday afternoon. We went to Disneyland on Saturday and had a great time even though it was extremely hot and crowded. We were there from about 11am until midnight, but only went on 4-5 rides because of the long waits. Sunday we met some friend's for lunch and then began our drive back. We made a quick stop at Cal Poly Pomona and Chris and I took some pictures in front of our dorm where we met many years ago.

Although we had a great weekend, it didn't go without an unforseen event. On Friday night when we arrived at the hotel I noticed some red spots on my arms and legs. I figured it was a rash similar to the one that I had a few months back and it would go away. By Sunday afternoon the rash was all over my arms, legs, and back and this morning there were also a few spots on my face and my lips were swollen about 2-3 times the normal size. I called my nurse practioner as soon as I got up and sure enough I got to take a trip to Stanford. At Stanford I got the usual blood test (everything was normal except my white count was still low) and then I was seen by my nurse practioner. She seemed to think that the rash was some type of allergic reaction and prescribed some Benadryl cream and tablets for the severe itching. I'm scheduled to go back in on Wednesday for chemo so they will take a look at the rash again and see how I'm doing.

Below is a link to some pictures from this weekend:
http://photos.yahoo.com/snoopy5210

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home