Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Tahoe will have to wait

Our weekend trip to Tahoe has been postponed until next weekend for the time being. I ended up spending the day at Stanford unexpectedly. Yesterday I was experiencing some sharp like pains on my left side near my rib cage and I figured I had sat/laid down wrong and had pulled a muscle. I was sure it would get better overnight and I would wake up fine in the morning, of course that ended up not being the case. I woke up this morning with the pain intensified when I took a deep breath and followed with some "rattling" feeling in my lung. The doctor on-call at Stanford decided that I should come in to get a chest x-ray and some lab work done to rule out anything serious. They thought the "rattling" might be fluid in my lung, which is generally a first sign of pneumonia. Both my chest x-ray and blood counts were fine, however the doctor was still concerned that it could be a blood clot in my lung so he felt it was best to do a chest CT. The CT of my chest showed nothing wrong on the left lung and six hours after we had gotten there I was finally discharged. By that time we felt it was too late to make the trip up to Tahoe and the weather had completely changed so we decided to cancel our trip. I also wouldn't have been able to ski with the pain on my side (which they believe is muscular) so I didn't see a point in going up there considering the weather and gas prices. Hopefully we can still make it up there sometime before the end of the ski season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home