Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Erika's Treatment Update -- Week 46

It's been a rough week with some unexpected side effects from my new chemo. Since my last dose last Wednesday, I've been extremely fatigued and weak. On Saturday I also started having some pain in my mouth. Whenever I ate/drank something my mouth would hurt/burn really bad. I thought I may have had some sores in my mouth like I used to get with other chemo's, but my mouth looked okay. The pain finally went away yesterday. I've also been experiencing some chest pain/discomfort since the weekend. My doctor doesn't believe that's attributed to the chemo so we're just going to keep an eye on it for now.

Today I went into Stanford to get my blood counts checked and meet with my oncologist. My white blood count was just good enough to be able to do chemo again this week. Because it was a pretty close call and my doctor doesn't want to be postponing chemo's in the near future, she decided to lower the dosage slightly so that my counts can recover and we can hopefully stay on track with doing weekly treatments. I'm scheduled to see her and my BMT doctor again next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home