Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Erika's Treatment Update -- Week 43

Today I went in for my 13th chemo treatment. I had my usual blood tests first (which were fine), met with my oncologist, and then had chemo. Everything went smoothly and so far I haven't had the usual high fevers. I was supposed to get the results of my liver biopsy today, however the pathologists have not come up with a diagnosis. It appears that whatever I have is not very obvious and they're deciding between four things: non-Hodgkins lymphoma, graft vs host disease, infection, or Hodgkin's. Because of the extreme difference between all four of these things my doctor thinks there's a chance that they might come up with an unconfirmed diagnoses and we might never know what it is. In that case we would just monitor the mass closely and see what happens. I'm not sure I like that approach very much so I hope they can figure something out. My doctor is supposed to call me as soon as they get the final results and I will make sure to post them as soon as I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home