Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Erika's Treatment Update -- Week 47

I went in for my 3rd round of the new chemo yesterday, however I didn't receive treatment. My white count was borderline for receiving treatment, however if I were to have gotten chemo yesterday we know for sure I wouldn't be able to get it next week. My oncologist decided it would be better to skip this week and get a higher dose next week instead. My red count also dropped significantly so they offered me either a blood tranfussion or weekly shots of Procrit to bring it back up. That is definitely one of the reasons that I've been so tired lately.

Since I didn't receive chemo as planned, we're going to go ahead and take my friend down to LA for the weekend. We're planning to visit some friends while we're down there as well as go to Disneyland. It will be nice to get away after all the times that we weren't able to go to Tahoe.

For those of you who noticed the Snoopy change on the top of the page...the other five Snoopy look-a-like's are actually Snoopy's brother's and sister...too cute!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home