Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Thank you

I wanted to thank everyone for the cards, emails and food. I am so blessed to have wonderful friends and family around me during this time. I started back to work this week and so far its been going well. It's been good for me to get back to a normal routine. The doggies have loved going back to work as now they get to play with all my co-workers and are entertained all day.

So, whats next?

I'm probably going to stop blogging on Snoopy's Updates, as this was Erika's blog. I have my own blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/cmaxwell76, although not as interesting I'll start posting regularly and definitely I'll keep everyone updated about Francesca and Pebbles. I'm also looking into turning Erika's blog into a book. It will be mostly just to personally capture all her thoughts and memories over the last three years for me, but if others want a copy I'll let you know the details once its more finalized. I'm just in the research phase of starting the book so it will be sometime before it happens.

There are more pictures to come on my Flickr site. I've gone through most of the digital photos that I have, but I'll start putting up the pre-digital camera photos slowly as I come across them. If you have any photos of Erika that you think I would like to have please send them to me. I know many of you already have, and I thank you.

I know some of you have wondered about the house that Erika and I bought together last year. I plan on keeping it and going forward with our plans to fix it up. Next on the list will be the floors and the carpet upstairs. Once its in a somewhat fixed up state, I'll have everyone over.

I just want to thank everyone for your love and support. It means the world to me.

Love,
Chris

3 Comments:

  • At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Chris,
    I think the idea of the book is wonderful. I hope you'll leave Erika's blog active for a while. I know folks that may not have known Erika well are going to the site after being referred by one of us that love you both so much. I would love to have a copy of the book when there is one. Thank you for sharing about the house plans too! It's good to see the postings. I'll start to watch your blog for more updates to your ongoing house improvements and the adventures of the doggies, too! Much love always, Beth

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Don't worry. The blog will stay up and running. I'm just not going to be adding new posts to it.

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chris, the idea of writing a book is awesome. Many will be inspired by Erika's courage and enthusiasm for life. I definitely would want a copy. Thank you so much and I'm glad to hear that you are back to work and doing well. You are in our prayers! Martha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home