Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Horrible Hydration

Last night the doctors had ordered one liter of hydration for Erika because they thought she was dehydrated. We ended up noticing in the middle of the night that it was running and even though we objected, we didn't really make a fuss. In the morning Erika noticed that her breathing was a little worse from the day before and her chest felt tight. I also could tell that she was a little bit poofier in her hands. Worst of all the drainage from the chest tube had increased from the day before and not decreased as had been the trend. As a result the chest tube did not get pulled today. I think all this was attributed by the extra hydration.

Thoracic came today and re-did the stitch that closed the opening from the right side chest tube which seemed to stop it from leaking. I guess the plan for tomorrow is to wait and see the output from the remaining chest tube to determine if it can be removed.

Overall it was a pretty low key day as Erika tried to catch back up on her rest and we watched part of two movies, Anne of Green Gables and Wedding Crashers.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thinking....hoping....praying for you guys....Erika, meeting you at the Stanford dish workout and seeing your smile at around mile 7 of the Nike Marathon gave me such inspiration...you have an amazing spirit!!....thank you!

    yvette shelton

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Erika - I was just recently informed of your condition. I have not spoken to you in some time and had no idea of where you were and what was going on until a few weeks ago when I was out visiting Juliette Lewis. I was very shocked of the news.

    Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. If able, please write me at rahoage@yahoo.com. Stay strong and take care.

    Bob Hoage

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Dear Erika and Chris:
    I was on the summer '06 run team and met you both at one of our Tuesday workouts. I was very much saddened when I heard about Erika's serious condition. My thoughts are with both of you.

    Erika, you are an amazing person with a beautiful, strong spirit. This really came through in your talk at our workout and in our conversation afterwards. I will be thinking of you and hoping for the best. In the meantime, I will be working hard to raise money for L&L Society in hopes of beating this disease.

    Tina Lessani

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Erica -
    My prayers are with you and your family!!! You have been such an inspiration to me and continue to be! Keep up the fight and let me know if there is anything I can do for you or your family!!

    Anne Markert-Breesch

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Erika,
    I think of you often & pray for you all the time that you recover. You are an inspiration to all of us.
    Juliette (Lewis) McDonough

     

Post a Comment

<< Home