Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Conflicting Information

Last night Erika did not sleep that well. I think she got a total of two hours sleep. I think her breathing was bothering her and making it so she couldn't rest. This morning she was still a little more short of breath than the previous days since the hydration. The Oncologists that were on duty said that the right side of her lung is filling up with some more fluid again, which is the side that no longer has the chest tube. However her Thorasic doctor that came in the afternoon told us the complete opposite, that her lung was not filled with fluid and she wasn't sure why she was having the shortness of breath. Two different doctors, with contradictory information, who are we to believe? To say the least it was a frustrating day today.

No plan yet to remove the chest tube on the left side. To me it looked like it was still putting out quit a bit of fluid to remove it, but the Thorasic team will assess the output in the morning and make a decision.

Erika was in and out of sleep most of the day, since she hadn't gotten much sleep last night they gave her Benedryl to try and make her rest. I suggested a sleeping pill but the nurses like to reserve the sleeping pills only for the night. And besides Erika is reluctant to take any kind of sleeping pill as she is afraid of having a hallucination. Hopefully she can get a good night sleep tonight on her own.

Two very special visitors came to see Erika today. Francesca and Pebbles somehow snuck their way into Erika's hospital room for a brief visit, which made her really happy. I'm hopping this weekend will be uneventful and I am crossing my fingers that this set of doctors go off rotation as both Erika and I detest the current Attending's lack of good bedside manners.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks Chris for your updates! Erika, you are amazing... we will continue to pray for you.
    Love,
    Martha and Andy

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Erika and Chris, these days I am always thinking what I could do for you two from such a far away. I do believe you two that Erika will achieve her goal to go home soon. What do you think I could do? I am always thinking of you whenever I have time to. When I am riding on a car, I am thinking of you two. When I sleep, you are in my dream. I am so happy to hear that Erika saw her doggies. I really love to see her taking care of the doggies. If there is anything I could do, please let me know. I think you know but let me say this. I believe in you and love you two so much:) Love, Miho from Japan

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am happy that Erika got to see her two puppies. I am sorry that you do not have any clear answers as yet.How very frustrating.Both of you are such courages & amazing people, I know you will conquer this battle. I send my love & best wishes for a better day. Much love,Ruth

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am happy to hear that Pebbles and Francesca made it in to see Erika. I know they miss her as much as she misses them. I'm sorry to hear about the team of doctors and your frustration. Having experienced that with my father's doctors I often think that they forget that their jobs go beyond diagnosis and include being compassionate human beings. Even though we haven't spent much time with the both of you, you are always on our minds and are an inspiration to Janine and I as to what we want our love and bond as a married couple to be.

    James

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Sweeties, I am SO sorry things are SO conflicting! :( It makes seeing things in a postive light, But I KNOW the ulimate healer and HE knows your hearts desire. Ericka you are a champ and have proven over and over that you are one STRONG young lady. I Love you very much, and You two KNOW that I am HERE for you two. ANYTHING I can do , I Will do ......So glad you got to see the puppies giggle ......... Thanks for keeping us posted...... Marilyn (auntie)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home