Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Mystery Continues...

There’s not much to report this time. All the tests from the last bronchoscope I had done have come back negative, so the white stuff in my lungs continues to be a mystery. I started a new antibiotic for a rare fungal infection two nights ago. The drug is administered over six hours with one hour of fluids before and after. There are major side effects to it, so I’m also given pre-meds. The first night I did pretty well, but last night I had rigors and high fevers so I had to get Demerol.

I got moved to a different unit, which I’m happy about. I’m now in the cancer unit where the nurses are more knowledgeable and nicer. This is familiar territory for me. I still have a single room, but it’s half the size of the one I was in before. I can barely squeeze into the bathroom because Chris’ bed takes up so much space.

My breathing continues to get more difficult. Just a trip to the bathroom or down the hall leaves me winded and short of breath. I’m still trying to take several walks a day around the hospital, but it takes a lot of effort. I can also tell that my legs are getting weak from being in bed most of the day.

It appears that I will be having the next bronchoscope this coming Tuesday. I still haven’t met with the throat/neck surgeon, but it appears that he/she has agreed to do the procedure.

Happy New Year's from Stanford!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Randy said…

    happy new year from Seattle

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    happy new year from james and janine

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year! from Marty and the girls

     

Post a Comment

<< Home