Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

No Hickman Yet

The last two days have been beyond frustrating. I was originally told I would have my Hickman inserted on Monday, than Tuesday, than today, and now it’s tentatively scheduled for tomorrow. All these days I’ve had to go without food and water after midnight until mid-afternoon the next day when they end up telling me the procedure won’t be happening. Today they probably would have gotten me in, but not with the surgeon that I had requested. I put my foot down this time and told them I did not want anyone else inserting my Hickman, especially due to the complications I’ve had in the past. We’re not sure where the breakage in communication is, but I’m now working with one of the Stanford patient advocates to try and get this resolved. Not having my Hickman is holding back both anti-fungal treatments as well as chemo.

The nights continue to be difficult. I rarely get more than 2 hours of sleep and therefore I’m exhausted and not happy in the mornings. Still no word on getting my own room, although my roommate will be leaving tomorrow morning.

I still haven’t received the results of my bone marrow biopsy. I was supposed to know something on Tuesday and still haven’t heard a word. As you can tell I’m getting very frustrated with the lagging of test results and lack of communication by the doctors.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi erika!

    you are a very strong woman to encounter the experiences you've been through. i think of you often and apologize for not being in touch as much as i should. stay positive and know that many people are wishing for a healthy recovery for you!
    take care, melodie

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    erika,
    i hope to visit soon, if okay with you. i pray for you, chris and your dad, and think of you often. with love, janine

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Erika - I met you briefly at the Hike for Discovery at our Angel Island Hike. Your talk inspired me and brought me to tears simply for the fact of your strength and determination. I know at a time like this, with fatigue and exhaustion fighting you, it is hard to keep your chin up but remember, there are so many people out there that are sending positive thoughts/prayers/vibes your way because you inspired/continue to inspire. Hang in there!

    I think of you often as I see you on my hike for discovery bookmark...always sending a good thought your way. If you ever need a hug, someone to talk to/stop by, cry/scream to, I actually work at Stanford a couple times a week so don't hesitate to call/email. I am here for you...even though I am a stranger...a stranger whose life you touched. Thank you and hang in there - Molly (poncetta@yahoo.com)

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Sweetie, I have heard it has not been much fun for you these past three weeks! I just want you to know that this OLD lady ( auntie) is praying daily for you! I am here for you in anyway I can be..........I'm off on Monday abd Tuesdays and can be there in a heartbeat. Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do! ERIKA I REALLY mean this sweetie, I LOVE You Hiugs to you swetie Marilyn

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Erika! I just got caught up with your BLOG. Wow! You've had a lot going on. Sorry, I've been out of the loop. I think of you often and miss our sharing of Disney stories. If you get a chance, please send me your address. Hang in there kiddo! I continue to keep you in my prayers. Your strength continues to amaze me. Hope to see you soon!
    Chris D.

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Erika! You stopped by to talk to our Stanford team last season and I just want to say - Stay strong and fight! You're a wonderful inspiration and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

    - Kate

     

Post a Comment

<< Home