Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Bone Marrow Biopsy

This morning I had my CT scan done around 11am. It was scheduled for 9am, but they were running 2 hours behind due to it being the weekend. Even with my IV I managed to get poked again this morning for a blood draw. Fortunately they were able to use the IV for the contrast though.

I got to see my BMT doctor again as well as the regular team of oncologists. My platelets are back down again so they were a little disappointed. This still continues to be a concern if I need to start back on chemo again. Because of this I was told I would need to have a bone marrow biopsy done, which is my biggest fear of all. I haven’t had one since my 2nd BMT and never expected to have one again. I guess they want to rule out any problems with my bone marrow and make sure there’s no disease there. They will be doing the procedure within the next hour. This will truly be one of my worst days ever; I can just anticipate it already. As if I don’t already have enough other things going on making me feel awful.

No word yet on whether I will still have a lung biopsy done or when I will have another Hickman inserted. They thought I might get moved to a single room today, but it’s not looking so promising anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home