Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Chemo Delayed

Today I went in to see my oncologist and to get treatment. Unfortunately, it turns out that my white count was too low to get chemo. Because my white count was borderline last time, it most likely is taking a little longer than usual to recuperate. That also explains why I was having the mouth pain that I didn't have previously with this chemo. I'm actually very lucky that with such a low white count I haven't gotten sick since everyone at work seems to be sick nowadays. For now, I'll return to Stanford on Monday for labs and to see if I can chemo that day, if not I may have to wait until next Wednesday. I will also now be getting 7 days of Neupogen shots instead of 5 days in order to try and prevent my white count from getting too low in the future.

No update on the house as of yet. Tomorrow is the court date where the judge will either approve or decline our offer. We're keeping our fingers crossed that everything turns out in our favor and we will be in escrow very soon.

Both Chris and I have this Friday and next Monday off, however we don't have any major plans for the holidays. I wish you all a wonderful Christmas!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home