Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Working and Home Buying

I've already started receiving some emails and phone calls in regards to me not updating my blog in a little while. Thank you for the thoughts! There actually hasn't been much going on, which is why I didn't update it.

This week I've been spending most of my time at work. This will be my first week of working 40 hours! It's definitely taking a toll on me, I'm so exhausted. I try to watch some TV after dinner and never seem to make it past 30 minutes without falling asleep. Chris and I haven't been able to carpool at all this week, so the long commute has also made it very difficult.

Some of you have been aware of our living situation for some time now. My dad had to file for bankruptcy in October and the court was going to reposses the house. We ended up renting a condo back in August just in case we had to move out without much notice. Chris and I considered purchasing the house since it has a lot of meaning to me and it's in a location that we've always wanted to live in. Unfortunately, everything seemed to go against us...the price, me not having an income, etc... It has been very stressful the past few months not knowing what was going to happen or where we were going to live. After I returned to work however, we started considering purchasing the home and looking to see if this was at all possible. About two weeks ago we made the decision to go ahead and purchase. Nothing is definite yet, the court still has to approve the sale and we still have to go through escrow, but we're keeping our fingers crossed that all goes well. Tonight we will be giving back the keys to the condo that we've been renting. Although this will be very stressful financially, I think we've been through enough difficult times in the last few years where I think we can handle it. There's also a lot of repairs and work that needs to be done on the house, but again we're willing to take on the challenge.

No doctor appointments for me this week. This seems so strange since I spent the last couple of weeks practically living at Stanford. Next Tuesday I'm scheduled to have my labs drawn and Wednesday I will see my oncologist and have chemo. I should also find out more detail about my last scan on that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home