Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Mouth Pain and Fatigue

The last week has been really difficult. I've been fortunate in the past to not have many side effects with this chemo, however this time has been a little different. Friday I started having a lot of mouth pain. Anytime I ate/drank something it hurt A LOT (especially chocolate, which as you all know I can't live without). It reminded me of when I've had mucusitis from transplant (not as severe) and GVHD. Fortunately the pain seems to have subsided today. Another thing I've been battling is extreme fatigue. My red count has been normal and I'm not tapering on my prednisone dosage anymore so I'm not quite sure why this is happening. It could be just the fact that I've been working more than I intended to and the weekends aren't enough for my body to recover.

This past Friday Chris and I went to see Memoirs of a Geisha at the Metreon in SF. I didn't have high hopes for the movie since the book is one of my favorites and I know the movie is never anywhere near as good as the book. I thought the movie was okay, probably wouldn't care to see it again. Saturday night my dad made a Mexican feast as an early xmas and new years celebration since he will be out of town until January. Sunday we spent the day at home moving things around and cleaning up. This week is a busy one, I have a cookie exchange at work on Thursday and our department holiday party on Saturday evening. It always amazes me how busy and stressful the holiday season can be...

2 Comments:

  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Tarun Jacob said…

    Did you have Vincristine? I get terrible pain over my parotid glands (above the angle of the mouth) after vincristine and it settles after a few days. Not like the mucositis of methotrexate though. massgage helps - glad to know it's better!

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Erika said…

    No, I actually get Vinblastine (Velban). I have had Vincristine before, but never experienced that sort of mouth pain. Thank you for the comment, I really appreciate it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home