Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Still At Stanford

I'm still at Stanford. The doctor's had planned to discharge me this afternoon as long as I would continue my IV antibiotics at home for the next two weeks, however this morning when they came in to examine me I spiked yet another fever. The whole night was full of fevers as well as this morning. Of course, nobody knows the source, but they won't let me go home until they have a better idea of what it could be. Meanwhile I had another set of blood cultures taken today and I'm scheduled to have an "echo" (ultrasound of my heart) done later this afternoon to rule out any infection in my heart. I think they still believe that the two main causes of the fevers could be 1) shingles or 2) my catheter.

Unfortunately the oncology unit is complete full so I'm in a double room and it's not the best situation. My roommate isn't the friendliest person. Fortunately, Chris staying the night with me hasn't been an issue.

The worst thing about all of this is that I'm not able to get chemo. It will be 3 weeks this Wednesday since I had my last dose, which is very scary. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this resolves soon so I can get back on track with treatment and with work.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger Randy said…

    Get better soon. I'll make sure the TEAM gets the update.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home