Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Finally Home

I'm finally back at home after a long week and a half of being at Stanford. This was my longest inpatient stay not involving either of my two transplants. It was so nice to come home and take a nice long shower. I'm sure I will very much enjoy sleeping in my own bed tonight.

Tomorrow I have to go back to do my first antibiotic infusion in front of the nurses (to make sure I'm doing it correctly). Next Tuesday I'll have another CT scan done and Wednesday I meet with the infectious disease doctor's to follow up on the CT scan and see how I'm doing. When I met with them this morning they seemed to be concerned that the nodules in my lungs might not be a fungal infection after all since my fevers haven't gone away since I started the medication. They ran some more blood tests to rule out any other viruses. My oncologist is out of town and won't be back until after Thanksgiving so getting chemo next week isn't looking very promising. I'm going to try to get a hold of my nurse practioner to see if anyone else can make the decision for me to have chemo while my oncologist is gone.

Meanwhile I'm looking forward to losing all the water weight I gained in the last week and half, as well as getting back to work.

Thank you to all of you who posted comments, called me on the phone, and/or visited me while I was admitted!!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Erika, I am so happy that you are out of the hospital. I wish I could visit you:) Well keep your blog updated so I will be have an idea what you are doing. Miho

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Erika, I am so happy that you are out of the hospital. I wish I could visit you:) Well keep your blog updated so I will be have an idea what you are doing. Miho

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So glad to hear you are home . . . I bet it feels good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home