Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Fevers Continue...

I was supposed to be discharged yesterday, however that didn't happen. Saturday I spent the entire day with high fevers, Sunday was fever free, and then yesterday again was another miserable day with fevers (although not as frequent and as high as Saturday). Today has been fever free so far, however it's a "prednisone" day so it's not a surprise. Basically the days that I take prednisone I'm fever free, because it masks the fevers. The plan as of this morning is to discharge me tomorrow, but we will see if that actually happens. Today the home pharmacy nurse came and taught me how to infuse my own drugs through my catheter so that I could continue them at home. I also talked to my nurse practioner and told her everything that has been going on (she has been out since I was admitted) and she's going to talk to the doctor's on duty and call me tomorrow. I just don't want to be sent home until they have a pretty good idea of what this could be. I would hate to go home and then have to come back in a day or two because I've gotten worse.

Meanwhile my roommate is driving Chris and I nuts. She's addicted to pain killers and asks for them every 30 minutes or so. She sleeps about 23 hours a day and wonders why she feels so weak, tired, and her lungs are now filling up with fluid.

That's all the news for today...hopefully the next time I update this I'll be doing it from home :)

1 Comments:

  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Randy said…

    roommates suck..hope to see you in Cupertino tomorrow!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home