Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Three Years Since Being Diagnosed

Three years ago today was the day that I walked into my oncologist's office and received the news that I had Lymphoma. It's amazing to think that it has only been that long considering all the treatments/procedures I have been through. Last Friday was my 2 year anniversary from my first transplant and August 6th will be my 1 year anniversary from my second transplant already!! Crazy! No treatment for me this week, I'll be back at Stanford next Tuesday for my CT scan and for treatment on Wednesday.

Chris and I are officially registered for the SF Chronicle 1/2 Marathon (www.runsfm.com) on July 31st...there's no backing out now!! We will be doing the 2nd half of the marathon which starts at 8:15am (rather than 5am) and is a flatter course. We really wanted to do the 1st half where you get to go accross the Golden Gate Bridge, but it sold out before we got to register. This past Sunday we did a 12 mile training at Sawyer Camp so we should be prepared, now we're just going to start tapering down our miles. This coming Sunday we're planning to walk the Wharf to Wharf unofficially (again it was sold out before we could register).

My back has still been bothering me from all the training. I have been going to a chiropractor the last week to have it worked on as well as some of my other muscles which are really tight/sore. I also had a test done to determine my body fat % and muscle mass % so I can start a proper nutrition program. I started drinking some banana soy protein shakes this morning that are supposed to help me out...yum!

Chris and I have also been talking about training for the SF Nike Marathon in October. We will be training and fundraising with TNT. If any of you are interested in joining us, there are still a couple of information meetings coming up (http://www.teamintraining.org/all_cal.adp) and kick-off is scheduled for July 30th at the Westin Hotel in Santa Clara. I know a lot of you would REALLY like that nice Nike t-shirt and the Tiffany medal!!! And the event is local so the fundraising isn't too high and you'll be getting a great workout. If I can do it you can do it so there should be no excuses!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home