Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Skin Biopsy Update

I wasn't expecting to post and update so quickly regarding my skin biopsy, however I received a call from my BMT doctor this afternoon in regards to some preliminary results. The preliminary findings show that my rash is GVHD. The chances of getting GVHD this far out of transplant are pretty low, however I learned today that when you're receiving chemo you have about a 30% chance of getting it because of the fluctuations of the white blood count. The new chemo that I have been receiving has affected my counts significantly more than the last chemo so that could be what resulted in me getting GVHD.

As far as treatment goes, my doctor wanted me to start taking prednisone today and through the weekend and we will see how I respond. He's supposed to call me either tomorrow or Sunday to see how I'm doing. I'll be at Stanford on Monday for chemo. As of this evening, my rash continues to look the same and is itching like crazy. My fevers have continued to average about 102-103F.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Erika,

    Just hiked the Grand Canyon (saw your Dad there) I'll send you pictures. It was amazing. I've never been and the views are incredible. Wish you were there.

    Hope your fevers cool down.... Maybe you'll need ice cream to help.... =)

    ~Jen Yen

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Erika,
    It was so good to see you and Chris at the Hike wrap-up party - loved your eggplant parmesean! Thanks! I'll send a note to your dad, but when you see him tell him "thank you for the Phantom Ranch bandana - I love it!"
    Take care,
    Debra Chauvel

     

Post a Comment

<< Home