Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Friday, November 05, 2004

Erika's Treatment Update -- Week 20

Hi everyone.

Not much of an update this week. I have generally been feeling well this week, just a little more tired than usual, which is normal for the chemo that I'm receiving. On Monday I went in to get my counts done and they were good (this chemo isn't affecting my counts as much as the previous one) and Wednesday I met with my BMT attending and he was pleased with the way things have been progressing for now. He suggested that we do another chimerism test to see what percentage of donor cells are currently in my body, which I was in complete agreement with since I'm curious to know myself. I should get the results of the chimerism next time I see him, which is the day before Thanksgiving. Next week I'm scheduled to go in again on Monday for counts and Wednesday I'll be getting my 3rd treatment.

Now that I'm not going to Stanford as often I find myself with not much to do during the days so if any of you have any good hobby suggestions, please let me know! There's only so much of the Food Network that I can watch :P

1 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Erika,
    Just checking in to see how you're doing! Good to hear that you are feeling well this week. Hobbys....hmmmm. What about writing? I mean, like writing a book. You're so positive, strong and determined. I think people could benefit personally in life from reading about you - motivation, will, balance, determination...
    Just a thought : )
    Sincerely,
    Danielle Cleveland (walk team with Janna)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home