Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Erika's Treatment Update -- Week 14

Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a nice cooler week, it's been easier for me to stay out of the sun and trouble with the change in weather! In fact, those of you who saw me out at Midway Madness on Saturday noticed my ski jacket came back out for the season already.

Well I got the results of my skin biopsy this morning and it turns out that I don't have Graft vs Host disease, they believe it was just a drug reaction like originally thought. I still have the rash all over my body, although it has definitely improved with all the steroids I've been on. Since the biopsy came back negative I get to start tapering my steroids and one of my immunosupressant drugs today, yupee! My counts still remain stable, haven't needed a tranfussion in quite a while and the fevers kind of go and come as the days go by. My blood pressure is on the rise (which is typical when on cyclosporine), but not high enough yet to put me on medication for it. My next bone marrow biopsy will most likely be scheduled for next week which I'm not too excited about, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my attending doctor will be able to do the procedure again for me.

Other than that, nothing too exciting has been going on. My friend from Japan has been visiting me all week so I have been very excited to have company and I will be so sad when she leaves this Friday. As I'm sure all of you know the Light the Night walk is coming up on Oct 2nd (I have my Erika's Angel's team) and I'm hoping to be able to attend, however I'll just have to take it one day at a time and see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though since I know most of you wil be there!!

Also thought I would mention that I've ordered a couple more of the Livestrong wristbands and might have a few extras for anyone interested. They're virtually impossible to get these days so please let me know ASAP!

Until next week...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home