Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Erika's Treament Update -- Week 16

Hi.

It was great seeing a lot of you at Light the Night last Saturday, Chris and I had a great time even though we weren't able to parcipate in the walk itself. Chris and a few of my other friends even joined the bone marrow registry, which made the evening that much better.

I had my usual Mon., Wed., and Fri., visits at Stanford this week. I had tapered off prednisone last Sunday and started to feel not so well on Monday, so I'm back on a low dosage until further notice. As much as I hate taking it, it controls my fevers and makes me feel a little better. My "suspicious" rash is almost gone, just have a couple of spots left on my chest/neck area. Today is my last day on one of my immunosupressants (yeah) and next week I should start tapering Cyclosporine. I'm looking forward to that since it will keep my blood pressure from getting higher and keep my electrolytes from depleting so much (can't wait to have food that's not overly salted or high in sodium).

For those of you that had asked me about the Livestrong wristbands, I still have not received them so please don't think I've forgotten about you. As soon as I get them I'll let you know.

Have a good week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home