Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Friday, October 29, 2004

Erika's Treament Update -- Week 19

Hi everyone.

Well I've had a pretty eventful week since I last wrote. I spent last Tuesday-Friday at the hospital again due to high fevers. As usual, I had some tests done to try and find a source for the fevers, however everything came back negative. I was on IV antibiotics every 8 hours and finally on Thursday the fevers dissapeared and I was able to go home for the weekend. Due to the unexpected fevers and my counts dropping a lot lower than expected my chemo was delayed and I wasn't able to receive my second dose until this week. Because the combination of the two drugs that I received caused my counts to drop more than expected, my oncologist has decided to continue with only one of the drugs for now. I will be getting the drug every other week. I got a dose on Wednesday and have so far tolerated it very well. I have been a little more fatigued than usual, but that is of course expected. Fortunately of the two drugs, this is not the one that causes the terrible bone pain, so I'm very relieved about that!

Congratulations to all of you Nike marathon finishers!! I heard it was a fun event and the weather turned out to be perfect. Again, I wish I could have been there in person, but definitely all were in my thoughts!

I finally received the Livestrong wristbands if any of you are still interested. They got my order wrong and sent me plenty of youth size and not enough adult size (although they're sending me more), but eventually I'll have plenty of both.

Thank you to all who have been sending me emails (still working on replying) and have wrote comments on this blog. Everyone's words have been very touching and thoughtful.

Hope you all have a great Halloween weekend!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Randy said…

    hey Erika! I finished the Nike marathon! 2 marathons in one season in honor of your second transplant. It was a beautiful day as you might of heard from Jennifer. Tons of support and just a sea of purple. I'll be sending you photos shortly. Have a great weekend and let me know when I can stop by. Take care.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home