Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Erika's Treatment Update -- Week 11

Hi!

I'll start out by saying it's been a rough week so my apologies for being a little slower than usual on emails/returning phone calls. The beginning of the week I was feeling overly fatigued and disoriented which we found out was due to my sodium level being very low. When your sodium level drops it affects your brain function therefore you're not really yourself. Even having simple conversations can be difficult, which is what was happening to me. So all week I've been consuming as much Campbell's soup as possible as well as pretzels, chips, anything high in sodium. Finally Thursday my sodium started to climb back up (not at a normal level yet) and I began to feel better. I was so relieved, however that evening I spiked a high fever and had to be admitted to E1 yet again. Ever since then I've been back here at the hospital battling daily fevers. I don't know exactly when I'll be able to go home again, my fevers have to stay under control before they will even consider it. Because of my history of gaining so much water weight when I'm admitted, they're not hydrating me so it's up to me keep hydrated and continue the high sodium diet. I'm not allowed near water or any other clear liquids. I'm restricted to broths and/or juices, which I'm sure you can imagine how difficult it is to get 2 liters of.

I know several of you inquired about visiting this past week and I replied stating I simply just wasn't up for it, I hope you understand. I know things will get better soon and I will be up to seeing people again, but for now I just want to rest.

Hope you're all staying cool, I know it's been a warm last couple of days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home