Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Update from Stanford 3

In about two hours I will be having my second bronchoscope in one week. I’m not looking forward to the procedure since it was so traumatic last time, but I’m looking forward to getting it over with soon. The hardest part has not been able to drink/eat since midnight. I’m staying away from the Food Network right now J.

My doctor this morning said that as long as the pulmonary team was in agreement, I would most likely get to go home tomorrow. I will have to continue the antibiotics (orally) at home and the respiratory therapy. Since this could likely happen again (the mucus blockage/buildup in my lungs), I will probably continue the respiratory therapy for a while.

Unfortunately my platelets are too low again to have treatment. My doctor isn’t quite sure why they’re not recuperating since it’s been a while since my dose of Methotrexate. There are several factors that could be causing them not to come up; one that she mentioned was disease in the bone marrow, which of course freaked me out. The only way to find that out is by doing a bone marrow biopsy. She’s not too worried yet and doesn’t want to have me go through that, so we will just wait and hope. It’s frustrating, because this is the only thing stopping from getting chemo right now.

Since I have been off of IV medications/fluids since yesterday I’m feeling much better in regards to my puffiness. I got weighed this morning and I’m still about 8 lbs heavier than usual, but at least I’m seeing some progress in the right direction.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK all our fingers and toes are crossed. We hope they release you and let you go home soon Erika. No place like home.
    Love Penny and Andrew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home