Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Treatment On Schedule

After two weeks of battling a cold, I never imagined that I would be getting chemo today as scheduled. Surprisingly my counts were good and since I no longer have signs of infection, my doctor gave me the choice of whether to get chemo today or not. Of course I said "yes." She said I would probably still have the cough and runny nose for a while so I just have to hang in there. I'm scheduled to go back again in two weeks and she suggested that I have a chest x-ray done at that point to see if we might see any reduction in the size of the tumor in my lung. She also assured me that the Lymphoma team has come up with about 10 alternative treatments lined up in case this was not to work.

Next Tuesday I will be meeting with the surgeon that inserted my Hickman catheter for both of my transplants. We're going to discuss removing my Hickman and possibly inserting a new one or a port. Nothing is definite yet, I merely suggested that I would consider it. It will be very difficult for me to part with my Hickman since I've had it now for 2 1/2 years. I feel like it's very much a part of me.

Work is going well although I do find it a challenge to make it through the day. The fatigue always hits me in the afternoon, which makes it really hard for me. Fortunately, Oracle has some really nice walking trails so I sometimes go out and walk around to get my energy back up.

We have started to work on the house again after taking a break for several weeks. We finally got new walls put up and the next step is probably painting. We wanted to get rid of the cottage cheese on our ceilings, but since it tested positive for asbestos it looks as though we're going to have to hold off on removing it. I can't wait until the fun part of remodeling like picking out paint colors, ordering the new floor, and getting some furniture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home