Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Miserable Weekend

Neither I or my NP were ever able to get someone to see my in the infectious disease clinic last week as planned. I finally did get scheduled for this coming Tuesday, when my infectious disease doctor comes back from vacation. My NP wasn't too thrilled with this decision, but since I wasn't feeling too bad she thought it was okay to wait.

Thursday night things started to go downhill. My fevers started to spike and get more frequent and I also started to develop a very constant cough. By Friday morning I was feeling so awful that I couldn't go into work. I worked from home as much as I could throughout the day. It always amazes me how I seem to accomplish a lot more when I'm working from home rather than being in the office. I feel like the amount I get done in 10 hours at the office, I can get done in 4 hours at home.

Saturday night was awful. In the middle of the night I started experiencing chest pain any time I took a deep breath or coughed. My fevers were also getting higher and I felt so weak. This morning I felt a little better, but struggled throughout the day with chest pain and shortness of breath. I've been taking Tylenol pretty much every 4-6 hours and at times my temperature doesn't even go down to normal.

Fortunately my oncologist is back from her vacation tomorrow and I'm going to try to connect with her first thing in the morning to see if she has any suggestions. My concern is that whatever I have is only getting worse without any treatment.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Randy said…

    Be strong! Think of the Maui beaches and a delicious umbrella drink in a pineapple.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home