Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

A Tough Week

I started my daily chemo regimen last Wednesday and haven't felt so great since. I've been very fatigued the last few days and the high fevers have come back once again. It's really difficult when I'm at work, I can barely concentrate and make it through the day. The whole time I'm thinking of how much I would like to be in my bed sleeping. I usually get some chills with the fevers, so I have a heater under my desk running constantly to keep me warm. When Chris picks me up from work I sleep the entire ride home and then I end up taking a nap or laying down as soon as we get home.

Work is going well although I'm still putting in some long hours. I do have to admit that I'm quite stressed with my daily responsibilities and most days I have to leave my building for a few minutes to walk/vent. I usually work from the moment I get in to the moment I leave and then some more at night from home. I'm lucky if I can get out for a few minutes to catch my breath.

We haven't made any progress on the house, I think it's hard to get back into it now that we've stopped for a few weeks. Our new gas stove has been having some problems. The oven stopped functioning and it appears that the fan sensor broke. We had someone come out to take a look at it and it should hopefully be fixed next week. No baking for me for now.

Next week my friend from Japan is coming to visit and stay with us. I'm very excited to have her come, it's been over a year since the last time she was here. I'm hoping to be able to take some time off work to spend with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home