Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Back On Chemo

Tuesday evening I had my labs drawn again to see if my counts recovered enough to start chemo again. My hickman was acting up again and didn't want to draw blood, but after several attempts we were finally able to get a successful draw. Wednesday I saw my nurse practioner and oncologist. I always enjoy seeing both of them so much as they're the nicest people ever and care about me so much (more than any other doctor I've had). They always call me their "VIP" patient :) My counts were all good enough to start back on the Procarbazine. My doctor wants me to take it for 10 days instead of 14 days and take two weeks off in between. Hopefully this won't affect my counts so much so we won't have to keep delaying my treatments. I'm scheduled to see them again on August 16th and I'll have my next CT scan on August 21st.

Work has been very busy again. My boss has been out the last two weeks so I feel like I've been doing double the work. Fortunately, I've been able to get away from my desk for about 15-30min each afternoon to walk around the Oracle campus. It's very pleasant to walk around the lake, take in the scenery, and feed the geese that are all around.

We haven't worked on the house for a few weeks now. We got some estimates from contractors for putting in the bamboo floor and the sheet rock and they were a lot higher than we anticipated and way out of our budget, so we're looking into getting a second opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home