Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Another Great Birthday

This year was another very memorable birthday for me. First I woke up to snow filled mountain tops (without having to go to Tahoe), then I got treated to my newest favorite restaurant for dinner (Shabuway), and got some great gifts. Among them were a cherry tree (which I've always wanted), a huge cutting board (perfect for rolling out dough when baking), a hoops & yoyo stuffed animal, some nice French made coffee mugs, an electronic Sudoku puzzle handheld game, some teas, and a lot of great cards!

This past week was extremely overwhelming with work. The transition was a lot harder than I ever expected. The volume of work is extraordinary and not one that I'm used to. At any given time of the day my email inbox kept climbing up to the mid 100's!! I've managed to work entire days, only taking breaks to go to the bathroom and/or grab something to eat. I'm sure things will settle down once I get the hang of everything, but for now I better get used to being busy.

I did have chemo as scheduled this past Wednesday. I had the usual high fevers all Wednesday night thru Thursday morning, but I still managed to go into work. The last few days my mouth has been bothering me a little bit and I've been more tired than usual, but I think part of it is attributed to the long work week I've had. Next week is free of appointments, then the following week I have my CT scan and appointment with my oncologist for the results. That will be another stressful day as always.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home