Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Back To Tapping!

This past Wednesday I went back to my tap class! Our instructor used to teach at AMT (American Musical Theater) in San Jose, but now he has moved to DanCyn in Los Gatos. There will be about 4-5 of us attending regularly, which is great because we're all tight knit group and we're all around the same skill level. It's amazing to think that some of us have been tapping around 20 years!! I'm so happy to have this opportunity again, it's a great stress reliever from the long work hours and a distraction from my treatments.

Work continues to be busy. One of our team members left for a better opportunity this past Friday and I will be taking over her tasks. Right now I'm very overwhelmed with everything, but hopefully things will be a little more steady soon. The latest news on the merger is that the close date will probably be the end of the month. I will most likely know if I still have a job the first week of February. Meanwhile, I'm continuing to interview with some companies.

This Tuesday is my CT scan, so it's a big day for me. I always get very anxious the days before and after the scan. Fortunately, I will get the results on Wednesday so I don't have to be in the unknown for too long. I've been having fevers pretty much everyday so I'm a little concerned. Today we went out to dinner with a friend and I felt miserable through the dinner because I had a high fever. I get really sad when I get a fever, because it's a reminder that my disease is still with me, even though most of the time I live a pretty regular life. Things have been going so well the past few months (although very stressful), that I always fear some bad news coming. Fortunately, I have many distractions that keep me from thinking of this all the time.

Our friend Dave, who was our witness at our wedding, made a video of our ceremony with his new camera. I haven't figured out yet how to put it on here so you all can see it, but it will be coming soon!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home