Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

A Bad Week

This week was not one of my best. It all started with the whole shingles thing. It was definitely shingles, because as soon as I started taking the medication for it, my pain started to dimish and I started feeling better. My pain is pretty much all gone now and I never ended up getting any lesions, which is really good. My oncologist thinks it's best that I stay on the medication indefinitely while I'm on chemo since I seem to be so susceptible. Two more pills to add to my daily regimen :(

Towards the middle of the week I started getting a sore throat and the usual fevers. Friday I felt pretty miserable at work, but stuck through the day since we had a work dinner planned. By 4pm I felt so awful that I decided to go home instead.

To make things worse, Thursday I went in for my scheduled teeth cleaning and found out that I have a pretty bad cavity on one of my molars. Apparently it looked really bad on the x-ray and my dentist was suprised that the tooth hasn't been bothering me. I will have to get it worked on next week and the hope is that I won't have to have a root canal, but he won't know for sure until he drills in.

A couple of you have been asking about how things are going at Oracle as well as with the house...

I haven't actually transitioned to Oracle yet. All Siebel employees who received offers will become official Oracle employees on March 1st. I still don't know exactly when I'll be transitioning into my new role or moving to the Oracle campus. Hopefully I will know more soon.

We haven't done anything with the house yet. We're waiting to have a swinging door installed downtairs first to keep the kitties and Pebbles from having access to the rest of house. Once this is done we can start on everything. I think we will start with re-doing the hardwood floor, carpet, and painting. We would also like to get a new dryer, get a new garage door, change the front door, and get a gas stove (that is my dream), but it will all have to be done very gradually.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Erika -
    Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you! Hope you're doing better today.
    Good luck with the transition at work, and getting the remodeling stuff started and done!
    Go, TEAM!
    Lisa (TNT)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home