Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Shingles Again!

Yes, it's hard to believe, but I may have shingles yet again. Yesterday I started having some sharp pain on the side of my hip, which I thought was either bone pain from my Neupogen shots or muscle pain from wearing my new MBT sneakers. By night time, the pain was still there and it hurt everytime my clothes rubbed against it. Throughout the night it hurt a lot and when my PJ's or sheets touched my skin in that area, the pain would be excruciating (like a hot shower with a really bad sunburn). This morning I still saw no sign of lesions/blisters, but I decided to call my nurse practioner right away. As always, we're not 100% sure it's shingles yet, but she's decided to start medicating me right away. We don't want it to get to the point of where I have to be admitted again and it escalating to another fungal infection or infection of some other kind. I think the shingles bug is just trying to send me a Valentine's Day kiss :P

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home