Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Work, Chemo, and Fevers

This week has been crazy at work. We're working on a project that has kept us very occupied. On Monday I managed to work about 12 hours and Tuesday 14 hours!! I'm amazed that my body was able to handle that many hours. Yesterday was a chemo day, so I did get to leave a little earlier. I think from now until the merger with Oracle is official I will be working a lot.

Yesterday I went in for my lab draws in the morning (6:30am) since I was at work until 9pm the night before. In the afternoon I met with my oncologist and then had chemo. I had a routine chest x-ray done...the results were "unchanged." Because you can't tell too much from an x-ray, my doctor wants me to have another CT done before I see her in two weeks. I'll have a CT of my chest, abdomen, and pelvis. This way they can evaluate the fungal infection in my lungs and also the mass that was in my liver.

I had been having some low grade fevers the past few days and then yesterday after chemo I spiked a high fever. The entire night I had a high grade fever and so I had to work from home today. I just hope to feel better for the weekend.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hang in there Erika! You've been working so hard.. it's not surprising you have a fever. We'll be praying for you! Martha (and Andy too)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home