Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

A Very Busy Week

This past week was a rather busy/hectic week for me. I began working at the Oracle campus in the afternoons, so my day would consist of going to Siebel in the morning to do my usual duties, going over to Oracle in the afternoon for training, and then working from home at night to catch up on everything I missed at Siebel in the afternoon. It was quite overwhelming/exhausting. On Friday I got the news from my new manager that I would be fully transitioning to my new role starting this Monday. So I packed up all my things, said goodbye to my co-workers, and moved to my new location in Redwood Shores. It finally hit me that there's no more Siebel. I will definitely miss my cube, which had the most beautiful view and my co-workers (although I will see them again at the end of the month when they move over).

Last weekend we began working on the house. Chris' mom and stepdad came over and helped us tear out the carpet in our living room. We were all overwhelmed by the smell of cat urine that had soaked through the carpet, padding, and sub-flooring. It really made us realize the big job we have ahead! This weekend we went to look at carpets and wood floors and also got some paint samples.

This week is treatment week for me. I will have my labs drawn Tuesday evening and have chemo Wednesday as usual. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that I don't feel too awful on Thursday since I don't have the flexibility that I used to in regards to working from home (at least not until I get situated into my new role).

Our friend Dave who was our witness during our marriage ceremony in Vegas has decided to join the Hike for Discovery team for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. We have been trying to get him to join TNT the past few seasons and he has finally decided to dedicate his time. I was delighted to hear the news. He has created his own website with details and pictures of his training. You can check it out at: http://www.davidtsai.com/hike

1 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey i just wanted to say that you are my hero for making a site about snoopy . I LOVE snoopy and i bet youdo to...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home