Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Erika's Treatment Update -- Week 41

Hi!

This has pretty much been an uneventful week, except for my visit with my BMT doctor yesterday so I'll keep it short. I had my blood counts taken yesterday which were really good considering I'm a week out of chemo (usually this is when they're the lowest). It appears that the Procrit shot I got last week is working since my red count is slowly climbing. Of course I experienced huge amounts of back pain the last few days as a result. The new spots on my skin are healing once again and seem to no longer be a concern. Both my oncologist and BMT doctor think they're related to the chemo I'm getting. I discussed my CT scan results with my BMT doctor yesterday and he wasn't surprised by the spot on my liver. He believes that there's a 90% chance that it's lymphoma and a 10% chance that it could be an infection. Of course it was difficult to hear that news, but I guess I kind of realized it myself and just didn't want to admit it. Fortunately I have never received radiation to that area of my body so it's possible to use that treatment method. I'm scheduled to have a liver biopsy next Friday, April 8th to confirm that indeed that's what it is and to get a proper diagnosis. After that we will discuss treatment options.

Chris and I never did go skiing last weekend, we felt it was better that I don't push myself and follow my doctor's recommendation. Now that my red count is steadily climbing and I'm feeling more energized however, I hope to plan a trip up to Tahoe soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home