Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Erika's Treatment Update -- Week 32

Hi everyone!

Hope you're all doing well and getting through the cold/flu season. I've managed to catch some type of bug this week that's causing the typical cold symptoms. I hope to get better by next week so it doesn't delay my treatment.

I decided to do an update this week because I lost a good friend of mine, Marie, about a week ago to AML (leukemia). Marie and I went through our first and second bone marrow transplants together at Stanford. Marie was a fighter just like me and never gave up. I always looked up to her when I was struggling through my own treatments. In memory of their daughter, Marie's parents are sponsoring a blood drive. The details are below for any of you interested.

Marie H. Airey Memorial Blood Drive
Friday, February 4, 2005
3:30-7:30pm
Location: 33 Village Lane, Colma (cross street is Edgeworth)
Confirmed donors please RSVP at (650) 756-5334 for time slot.

Also for any of you interested, I ordered some of the Hendrick Marrow Program (www.hendrickmarrow.org) wristbands a while back and have finally received them. The funds raised from the wristbands help add more marrow donors to the national Registry and assist recipients and their families with post-transplant expenses. The wristbands are a dark blue color and I have both adult and youth sizes so let me know if you would like some!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home