Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Erika's Treatment Update -- Week 25

Hi everyone!

I just realized it's been two weeks since I last updated this site, here's the latest news...
  • Last week was pretty normal except for Friday where I had another episode of my uncontrollable movements. This time it was on my left side rather than my right and I was fortunate enough to videotape it. Right now I'm not scheduled to see a neurologist until the end of January, but I'm hoping to get in sooner so they can evaluate what has been going on. My MRI was normal and I haven't yet received the results of my EEG. Fortunately, Chris and I were still able to take a trip down to LA for the weekend to visit some friends and spend Monday at Disneyland. It was nice to get away even though the weather down there was terrible.
  • Yesterday I had my 5th round of chemo. My blood counts were all normal and my BMT doctor was impressed at how well I looked. I even mentioned to him that I would love to go skiing and he said to go for it, however I think that might be a little bit of a long shot considering that it's unpredictable how I feel each hour. I've been having constant fevers since the chemo yesterday which is expected, it appears that as I start getting more treatments the side effects start to become stronger. I'm not scheduled to return again until Dec 22nd for my 6th round of treatment. I'm hoping to have either a chest x-ray or CT scan done then to determine how my tumor is reacting.
  • Below is a link to an article posted on the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's website in regards to my BMT doctor (Dr. Lowsky) and the clinical trial (my 2nd transplant) that I was involved in. I'm one of the 18 patients transplanted in partial remission (unfortunately not one of the 11 successes).
  • I want to wish the best of luck to all the TNT Honolulu marathon participants! I'll be thinking of you this Sunday!!

Have a great weekend!

New Bone Marrow Transplant Strategy Curbs GVHD But Not Anti-Tumor Activity http://www.lls.org/all_news_detail?news_type=&source_id=5,6,4&item_id=325401&cat_id=140

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home