Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Visiting at Stanford

Hi everyone!

Tomorrow, July 25th, I will be admitted to Stanford for the beginning part of my transplant.  July 26th-July 30th I will be getting radiation and an immunosuppressant called ATG.  The plan is for me to be discharged on July 31st and continue my treatment as outpatient with the transplant scheduled for August 6th.  This can all change however if there's any complications; after my first transplant I was supposed to be discharged on the 7th day and I ended up staying inpatient until the 30th day. 

I would love to have visitors, however if you could please call me before coming over I would really appreciate it.  Please note, that there's no flowers, plants, and/or balloons allowed in the unit and all visitors are required to wear a gown, mask, and do thorough hand washing before coming into the patient rooms.  Also, if you have any cold/flu symptoms and/or have received a live vaccine within 72 hours (flu shot, TB shot, etc.) please refrain from visiting.  If this will be your first visit to the BMT unit, it's best to check with one of the nurses at the nurse's station as to what to do before coming in.

Below are directions to Stanford and the E1 unit where I'll be staying.  As soon as I find out my room # and phone #, I'll add them to this post.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of you this week!


Directions to Stanford Medical Center:

  • From Sand Hill Road (off of 280) turn right at Pasteur Drive
  • Pass Welch Road and make left at Blake Wilbur Drive
  • Continue straight past stop sign and park at visitor parking structure (on right hand side)
  • Parking is free for first 45min and $5 after that

http://www.stanfordhospital.com/directions/driving/index.html

Directions to E1 Unit:

  • From parking structure follow walkway to "garden" hospital entrance (the cafeteria should be directly in front of you once you enter sliding glass doors)
  • Make a left in the main hallway and continue straight until you see the E1 unit on your left hand side
  • Enter doors with "authorized personnel only" and approach the nurse's station directly in front for assistance/instructions

http://www.stanfordhospital.com/directions/insideHospital/SHC_1.html



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home