Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Saturday, July 31, 2004

Going home!

Hi!

I'm going home today, Saturday 7/31, hurray! I'm at Stanford right now, but being discharged in the next few hours. My treatment of ATG + radiation went pretty well this week. I had some minor complications the first two days of treatment (103 fever + low blood pressure), however they got it all under control with a boost of steroids by the third day and I sailed through the rest of the week. I did drive the nurses crazy since I was determined to get my 60 laps around the E1 unit every day (20 in the morning, afternoon, and night).

Starting tomorrow I will be outpatient daily for approximately the next 100+ days. This Mon-Thurs I will be receiving more radiation and Fri is the BIG day - TRANSPLANT! The donor cells should be arriving Thurs night and they will be infused into me Fri morning. From there I will be monitored daily and on Day 28 I will have a bone marrow biopsy to determine whether my body is accepting/rejecting the donor cells.

Because I'm not sure what my daily schedule will be like for the next few weeks as an outpatient, I'm not sure how visiting will work. Each day might be different and I won't really know how long I'll be here on a daily basis so I'll be posting updates more often for those of you interested in visiting/helping out.

Thanks to all of you who stopped by to visit this week, it definitely cheered me up and made the time go by fast! It actually worked out perfect by calling ahead of time, there was always a steady flow of visitors and I had plenty of time to rest.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home