Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

At Stanford

I was admitted today for my first round of treatment of Methotrexate. Of course when I showed up they didn't have a room for me even though I was on the schedule for 10am. I didn't get into a room until 11:45am. Just as I had anticipated, I'm in a double room. The worst part of it all is I'm on the bad side of the room, which doesn't have a window or door to the bathroom. I'm not even sure if Chris will be able to stay with me tonight.

Right now the plan is for them to start me on fluids and then chemo once my system has been flushed. I'm trying to persuade them into giving me lasix, which will make the fluids that they put in me come out faster. If I even get a slight bit puffy I will be miserable the entire time I'm here and for about a week after I leave the hospital (which will be just in time for me to come back in).

The great news is that Chris was able to borrow a wireless network card from his work, which is allowing me to get high-speed internet access in my room! I'm thrilled so that way I can do all my email and work from my room instead of going accross the hall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home